Friday, July 27, 2007

The Game of Life

It's funny how life deals you cards. And just like with any card game, it's a mystery what hand you've been dealt until you flip the cards over and make an attempt at playing the game. You win some and unfortunately you lose some. You count your losses and move on. You can't help what hand you've been dealt, but you can choose whether or not you want to play. In this particular situation, I decided to play even after seeing the shitty cards I was dealt. Now, I'm the type of person that doesn't regret anything. There really aren't any mistakes - there's what you do and what you don't do. The game I played was fun and exhilarating at times but more often than not it was heartbreaking, devastating, and exhausting. But it was my choice - a choice I have to live with. And that's another thing about life . . . you can't live without learning. And I can definitely say that I learned from this. If ever my destiny's card dealer shuffles and deals another shitty hand to my side of the card table, I know now to slide them right back across. That gesture, followed by a smile and the request to shuffle again. I guess you could say this game was truly a lesson learned. Oh and I'm about to play the hell out of my next hand.

No comments: