Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Finally... Something New

I haven't forgotten about you all but I'm reposting as inspiration strikes and bites me right un de.... Sorry that's my bad interpretation of an Island accent but I digress. Nah, I was sitting at my desk today thinking about the very first post that I did on this site. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I'd gone through a great deal my final year in college and I was sitting in one of the computer labs, McNair if I'm not mistaken, a few days before I packed up and moved back to Raleigh. I remember thinking that leaving the city that I'd grown up in (literally) would cause me to start fresh and so out of that I wrote what you're about to read. I doubt any of you have gone back so far to see these ancient posts so to make it easier on you, well, I'm reposting it. Duh! Why am I reposting this? Well, seeing as how I still remember the state of emotionalism I was in when I wrote this and the differences in Ashley as of late, I thought this was more than appropriate. When I went back and read it I kind of laughed to myself. Mainly because when I originally set out to express myself through said post I wasn't really searching for anything new. I just wrote it because it sounded good. LOL!!!! But life has taken some twists and turns that I'm so thankful to God for. For me it's kind of like picking up an old diary and reading entries from years ago and what you're about to read is almost two years old. Wow! I feel like I've aged but in a good way. So, with all that said, give a listen.... Love you guys and I'll be back!


Something New
Originally posted: July 27, 2007

It's interesting how bad life situations have a tendency to infect our judgement and in turn breed cynicism. We find ourselves on the perimeter of something that we once thought should and could be a wonderful experience. Doubtful and defeated, we truck on wondering if that "thing" could ever happen to us and in the right way. When you cry because you love them, not because they hurt you. When you spend the night alone but aren't lonely. And when missed calls will eventually be returned without question. I'm finding myself in this place. A little cynical while at the same time being hopeful that one day . . . that "thing" will be real for me.

No comments: