Tuesday, March 10, 2009

She's back!

Good morning all! I've been asked a few times recently what's been going on with the blog. I always give the same answer..."I've been consumed with my babies (i.e. my manuscripts) and haven't had the time to focus on running off at the mouth about whatever comes to mind." (smiling to myself) But these days things are slightly different. I'm in a different place. I've learned a lot. I've grown a lot, and I'm ready to get my cute feet wet again. So, to get the ball rolling I'm going to repost some older posts that you all may not have had the pleasure of reading and by the time we're all caught up... we should have some incredible conversations and topic ideas. I want to take this time to welcome new readers. WELCOME!!!! Just so you know, we're a talkative bunch! (another smile) So here's to good discussions. The kind we're used to having. Damn, I've missed you guys. I'm gonna do better. I promise. So, here goes. Today's topic was last posted close to a year ago. April 3, 2008. I chose this one because I had a conversation with my sister last night and this post popped in my head while were texting back and forth. So, give a listen, leave a comment if you want, and I'll be back tomorrow. YAY! Sheeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaack! Love you guys!


Going GREEN Goes Personal:
Originally posted: 4/3/08

So there’s this movement that is sweeping the planet. Everyone seems to be going green. This phenomenon is for all of those tree huggin’ environmentalists (I try my best) that want to do their best to slow the effects of Global Warming. Me, being the overly analytical thinker that I am, decided to look a little deeper into the GREEN MACHINE that is today’s society. I began to think . . . if only people went green in their personal lives, oh what a difference it would make. Some call it green living, others may refer to it as eco-friendly, my personal favorite is compassionate living. The whole purpose of the movement is to eliminate toxicity and live a more earth friendly life. But what people – myself included – fail to do is to do the same house cleaning with their personal lives. Reducing the use or tolerance of toxic friends and romantic relationships is even more bio-friendly, if you will. I’m just as earth conscious as the next person but what happened to being self-conscious? Something that was made to be looked upon as being negative and a non-necessity is, in fact, imperative. Being self-conscious about our surroundings (i.e. social circles), how these circles permeate and influence our lives is necessary to our happiness, well-being, and most of all, our sanity. If the influence isn’t positive, don’t you think it’s time to GO GREEN and take yourself through a social detox?

No comments: