Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yesterday > TODAY > Tomorrow

I had an enlightening conversation with my cousin/friend last night. We always seem to have these deeply philosophical exchanges. I was talking to him about how my life was beginning to unfold and the changes that were about to occur, things that I was planning to do, yadda, yadda, yadda and as our discourse neared it's end, he said something that immediately made me think of the post that I'm about to - you guessed it - repost!

He said, (and I'm paraphrasing) "There is no tomorrow. Why? Because yesterday is gone, today is now, and what would be tomorrow will soon be today."

I thought it was pretty freakin' deep. So, what you're about to read was posted close to a year ago. The title of said post is pretty self-explanatory and what I like to call simply profound (simple philosphy that makes you think). So enjoy. I shall return.


TODAY -
Originally posted: April 3, 2008


We hear people say all the time, "I’m living in the moment" or "I fly by the seat of my pants" or "I’m not a planner". But what they (or we) don’t understand is that your today is in direct correlation to your tomorrow. What happens today is a format or blueprint for what’s to come. Now, that’s not to put TODAY in a box. I’m speaking figuratively. Today you may misstep, make a wrong turn, or say the "wrong" thing. Lessons learned and those lessons are the formulas that we apply to tomorrows blue print.

No comments: