Friday, April 3, 2009

Selfishness vs. Selflessness

Happy Friday all! I had this kind of random question pop in my head while I was brushing my teeth this morning. So I'm going to ask and see if any of you are open-minded enough to indulge me with your opinions. So here goes....

Do you find it easier or more difficult to be selfless when you're in love? Or is it impossible to not be inadvertently selfish (at least some of the time)?


I honestly have no idea why I was thinking about that or if it even makes a whole lot of sense but I just wanted to see who could help me out with a little insight. Thanks for the help in advance. Love you guys and have a good weekend....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I think that if you really love the person, you will be selfless at least for me as a woman. I always wanted the man I "loved" to feel and experience the deepest part of me, the part of me that loved him with no hidden agenda, no strings attached the deepest of me, I wanted him to have "no walls"....but then there is that part that "is" selfish, we were created selfish, a baby comes into the world learning how to say "no MINE....Mine" and not wanting to share. With that said I believe that love is a choice that I make everyday, therefore, being selfless, is a choice that I have to make. I think the greatest way to learn that (and I don't get it right every time) is to be God centered. That's my bit.