Monday, June 8, 2009

Love without Resolution

In light of all of the things that took place this weekend, I still managed to muster a few hours to think about something that's been keeping my mind foggy for a little over a month now. I sat down in my sunroom and immediately my mind went to CLOSURE (in relationships). I came to the conclusion that closure in relationships is a right. Something earned. At least by those that fought through the relationship. Now, if you (or they) were the type of lover that was fly-by-night and really not a solid companion, then you didn't earn that right. But let's just say, thick and thin, high notes and low notes, mood swings and cloud 9's, broke as two jokes or comfortable and happy... you were there. Supporting them, encouraging them, praying for them, loving them. And out of no where things changed without closure. This is what I like to call... love without resolution. When you're denied that right to know what happened and why, the person that denies you of a simple explanation has emmence power over you. Now your rights as a party to said relationship have been deminished to almost nothing. Now you're left to try figuring out what went wrong. If you said or did the wrong thing. You're mind is consumed. Let's face it, it's easier to deal with "I can't do this anymore" or the infamous, "It's not you it's me" line. But when there's nothing said and it's just over, what do you do with yourself? (Question 1) Now, from personal experience resolution-less love only has adverse affects when you did indeed love the person. Now, I know the saying goes, "If you love someone you've got to know when to let them go." I get that...

But here's my other question: Before letting go, is it wrong to fight for a resolution? Even if but to ease your mind...

Just a question... Help me out! Have a good Monday guys!

No comments: