Thursday, April 3, 2008

Satisfaction . . .

In 1965 the Rolling Stones released a song called "(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction". Mick Jagger belts out how he just can’t seem to achieve satisfaction. Initially, the song sounds negative. But I began pondering and listening, reading and re-reading the lyrics to the song and decided to ask myself a very simple (or maybe it’s more profound than I thought) question . . . Is lack of satisfaction really a bad thing? I’m the type of person that enjoys something for a little while and then shortly there after, begins looking for something bigger and better. I’m the never-satisfied, career-driven, Alpha female that knows what she wants and won’t stop until she’s . . . well . . . satisfied. I’ve come to realize that satisfaction in all areas of life is relative. But really, is never being satisfied negative or does it say something positive about your character?

No comments: