Monday, May 11, 2009

Angry LOVE Letters

This is another one of my totally random relationship questions but I wanted to ask it...


We've all written at least one love letter in our lives. lol!!!! Don't lie. Even if you never mailed it or never gave it to the person it was written to. You took a moment to get your feelings out on paper. Now with the way LOVE LETTERS are depicted, they're supposed to be gushy and lovie dovie, make-you-sick antics about how head over heels your are for that oh-so-special someone. But is there such thing as an angry love letter? A letter of frustration. Still putting your feelings out there, but the ugly ones. The hurt feelings. The wanna-know-why feelings. Now personally, I believe there is more of an undertone of love in this type of letter. Why waste time writing it if you're not insanely in love, right? I mean let's be real...if you're done with said situation, then you're just done. Case closed. Deuces. Kick rocks. I'mma be about my business. But if you really want to fight with both hands. Closed fists. Balls out. Blood, sweat, and tears on top of tears, writing an angry love letter makes sense. We all know love doesn't feel good all the time. Yes, I know I'm slightly off with my overly-analytical mind when it comes to love and relationships but I just thought about that. I thought it was probing. So, to reiterate the questions I posed...

1) Is there such thing as an angry (more so frustrated) love letter?

2) And if so, isn't the depth of love in said letter deeper than that of the puppy love nonsense (no pun) that we see in the "movie-type" love letter?

Just a question... Help me out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhhhhhhhhm.......yes I would say that there is such thing as angry love letters.....lol! The ones where you are not very angry and more frustrated, and then the ones where you are VERYY ANNNNNNNNNGry!!!!! I've been both, so angry that I let him have it.....from A-Z, oh I was feeling good writing in this letter all I wanted him to know. "I'll tell him!". and when the letter is written, and proofed, and read again, and again, and again, each time I read I realize is it really worth it? Can't I table this?, and work on my approach to the situation?' do I really want to add insult to injury?, or fuel to the flame? Naaaaaaaaaaa.....Let's wait, and let's love.

peaceful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.