Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Book Addicts Anonymous

Hello all! Well...I have an idea! Recently, I got fed up with paying for cable and NEVER watching television. So, I decided to turn it off permanently. Well, for the summer... Some of you may have noticed my announcement via my Facebook status' lately. Anyway, I needed something to do to stimulate my mind while the house was quiet (other than music). Now, I've always been a bookworm but this summer I plan to take it a little bit further and read (almost) around the clock. If I'm not writitng and I have nothing else to do, I'll be reading. I even gave myself a minimum. Sixteen books must be complete by Labor Day. However, the goal is to exceed the minimum. So, sixteen books in four months. Sounds daunting, a little lofty, and really exciting. So, here's the thing. I didn't really want to do this all alone. I'm not saying you have to obliterate television like I am but I was thinkin' maybe some of you would like to jump on the book addicts bandwagon and read voraciously all summer long!!!! I mean think about it, you can kick it by the pool or at the beach, on long road trips and vacations, at the airport or on the train, on your lunch break, or just to get in some prime time reading as opposed to watching prime time television. Before you know it, you'll have to go out and buy more books. I have a two book head start. So, we'll say for those of you that want to participate the minimum will be fourteen. Sounds like a splendid idea to me. There are no book requirements. The only thing I ask is that you recommend any books you couldn't put down to the rest of the gang. This way we can bounce books off of each other and... the cycle will continue. I'm excited. Every Friday we'll submit titles worth purchasing and we'll go from there. Tell me what you think! It's Thursday so enjoy it... because I said so!

Love, love, love!

~ME

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in. I'm going to get some books tomorrow night. can't wait! thanks for the challenge. The TV has destroyed so much, families, relationships, personal lives.....I think this is awesome. Thanks for the invite!